Tuesday, June 16, 2009

My Personal Lesson

It’s been a while since I‘ve written something personal. Lately there’s been a sort of series of “unfortunate events..” hahahaha.

If I were to interpret it in a twisted way, I can say that it’s just the natural law of survival of the fittest manifesting– those who feel strong preys on those whom they think are weaker than them…hahahaha…I can imagine the so-called weaker one suddenly transforming into something way stronger than the oppressor…I saw this episode from a Japanese anime series Bleach, wherein a cute little kid named Nell who likes playing around and pronounces the main character’s name Itsygo, instead of Ichigo, decided to go on a dangerous mission with her favorite playmate. The main character's enemies were kicking her around a lot thinking that she’s just a kid who needs protecting. But when she saw her 'Itsygo' badly injured she suddenly transformed into a beautiful fighter who turned out to be the opponents’ former boss just to protect him. She then joined her favorite playmate's team and turned her back on her former life. I have actually predicted that that would happen; I usually research the things that I don’t understand or I can’t relate to. Still, I can’t help but be amazed. Wow talk about things turning upside down.

Enough of Nell, she’s just so adorable that I can’t get enough of her…

Going back to the series of unfortunate events, I’ve come to some realizations because of them. I realized that people differ even in their concept of what’s good and what’s bad. There are some who will instantly see the goodness behind every action. Some will be too paranoid and guilty of their wrongdoings to recognize goodness. Still, some will be too dumb to rationalize much more think on their own. These are the funniest people in the world.

I’ve also noticed the importance of choosing good companions. As the saying goes, tell me who your friends are and I’ll tell you who you are. This is actually what my mom will say and I can’t believe that there will come a time when I will agree with her on this.

Environmental Psychology is a branch of Psychology that deals with behavior in relation to the environment. It has been hypothesized that environment which includes material objects, plants, animals and human beings influences behavior. I guess there’s no helping it, negative attitudes are infectious, and so are negative people.

Another thing that came to my attention is that when adults refuse to grow up, or when adults don’t know how adults should be like; they tend to be a lot more selfish than kids. Stupid but true. Since they are just kids inside, they are incapable of thinking about people other than themselves, of other people’s fillings other than their feelings. They can’t be expected to understand others because it is them who need understanding.

The fourth and the most important lesson that I’ve learned is to choose whom to invest your emotions with for there will always be people who are just vexations to the soul. You are lucky if the opportunity for you to realize this comes early. Why waste your precious time and energy on those who will only throw it away. Save it for those who need it. The world needs some lovin’

No comments:

Post a Comment