Friday, April 17, 2009

Accounting, Quickbooks and Me

When I was in high school, my first cousin from Antique came to live us. He was a Commerce student at the University of San Agustine, but he was too busy with his social life to even attend his classes, much more do his reports and assignments. I'm sure you can imagine what usually happens during exam time. Yes, you're righ, cramming, paper scattered all over his room, energy drinks on the table. Worse, he was not the type who can easily grasp what he's reading, and he had poor vocabulary too. Wow! I'm sure he'll kill me if he finds out that I'm writing about him. I'm soooo mean! So what he would usually do is, ask “ Ne, in your opinion, what does this paragraph imply??” “ If you don't mind, read the whole page and explain it to me..” “ Oops, sorry gotta go, I'm meeting my girlfriend, she'll go ballistic if I stood her up..you know how girls are...just read the entire chapter and explain everything to me when I get back...” Guess what, he was making a high school student read and interpret his Accounting lessons for him. And that's how I started to be intrigued with Accounting.

When I found out that I'll be learning about accounting and bookkeeping, I was excited. This is my chance to learn more without enrolling at CPU's and paying the ever expensive tuition. I don't have anything against CPU, I intended to transfer there but to my dismay, I couldn't afford the the tuition fees. Rest in a jar!

Going back to my learning about accounting and bookkeeping, I've been viewing the Quickbooks tutorials for several days now, but I felt like I wasn't going anywhere (farther than the CR or the dreamscape). I had been taking down notes so I wont have to view the tutorials again if I'll have task that will require me to use Quickbooks, and early today, Miss Van and Miss Hyzent gave me the opportunity to share my notes to the future trainees. Yehey! I didn't know that my tool to fight sleepiness can be used for a good cause.

Today also, Miss Van and Miss Hyzent also gave me the chance to manipulate a “dummy” Quickbook, (“dummy”, like a dummy phone). Today is full of exciting events (including Tita Barb's chicken curry). I got to have a more thorough idea of what Quickbooks is really like. I was overwhelmed with how much information you can store in it and how nuch you can do with it. I'm so proud of the people who developed Quickbooks. Instead of using their intelligence to produce something harmful like weapons of mass destruction, they dedicated their time and energy into making something that is very beneficial. Kudos!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment