Friday, April 17, 2009

An Hour with Jan

First of all, I would like to thank Miss Van for giving me the opportunity to have this buddy up session, to Jan Reinze for his patience and encouragement, to Edbarr for letting me borrow the chair beside him and to myself for my hair and pimples.

The buddy up session with Jan Reinze was very rewarding. His client owns a business that "makes every event a memory" and believes that "success can be earned at home". They personalise stuff, from candy bars, bottled water, mint books to announcements and invitations.

Jan has 2 easy, but arduous tasks which requires him to exercise extreme care in the consideration and treatment of details. His first task is to update the IP addresses of his client's over 800 clients. He had to manually change the old IP addresses to the new IP address. His other task is to find and merge duplicate accounts of prospects and distributors, check if the information listed are consistent and updated. What I appreciate so much about the buddy up session is that Jan let me try doing both of his tasks..with his supervision of course. At first, I was adamant. I was worried that I would mess up and he would be in trouble, but he was very encouraging. If there's one thing that I learned from this buddy up session, its to trust yourself. "If you're sure that you're doing it right, don't be afraid to click OK," that's what Jan told me. So, "OK," this is my reflection.

No comments:

Post a Comment