Friday, April 17, 2009

Buddy Up With EugeneBu

For an hour and 5 minutes, I buddied up with Eugene to somehow get an idea of the possible general task I'll be doing for a client. Eugene is a multi-tasker, who believes that he is more like a jack of all trade person whose task is not solely focused on 1 area. He does some general tasks and some SEO tasks as well.

Despite his busy schedule and my being an alien to his world, he welcomed me with eagerness and patiently explained to me what SEO is all about. He even got a chair where I can sit so I can be comfortable while he's showing me what his tasks are like. Eugene receives emails and listings of prospect clients from our US correspondent Dan, sorts them out and evaluates the possibilities of these prospects becoming clients of Virtual Assistant technologies Inc. To be honest, I'm not confident that I have a strong grasp of everything that we tackled because I was very distracted by the computer jargons that I do not understand.

He is indeed right when he said that the very essence of an SEO professional can be summed up with colloquial terms and jargons. I feel sorry for him because, he would launch into this exciting description of SEO, then he had to stop suddenly to define some term for me. I didnt know that being not computer savvy can be this embarrassing and frustrating.

I find it amazing that I was buddied up with some VAT agents to have an idea on the different task of a virtual assistant, but I ended up not only learning about their tasks, but also their positive outlook and aspirations. Today, I learned about the value of patience and persistence in learning and the importance of computer literacy in this fast paced world.

I'm beginning to see the world as a battle field of the minds with computers as weapons. It made me realyze how much I have missed out by not taking interest in computers and techological advances before. I regret every single time I said, “Im not into friendster, I dont even want a computer.” If I had acknowledge the growing importance of computers before, I would already have met HTML a long time ago. Maybe, Linux and I have been friends already or I'll be talking JAVA by now.

But now that I've been re-introduced to computer and its many facets, I'll work twice as hard to get to know them, before you know it, we'll be best friends. That's where Patience and persistence come in.

No comments:

Post a Comment