Friday, April 24, 2009

What they say about SEO

Its kinda funny that I am writing about stuff like this when a few years ago I made a vow that I will forever refuse to have my life taken over by computers, that even if the whole world are pushing buttons to kill or give life to each other, I will somehow find a way to retain my manual ways (maybe my stone-age ancestors have a great influence in me..talk about ancestor worship!).



I'm writing this article for Ebdarr, whom I promised to be the star of my next post (happy now?)

for Rod, whom I buddied up, who explained things to me in a very understandable way (very few people has this gift)

for Lutz, who took time out to explain to me what link building is all about,

for myniki...you're one of the major reasons why I'm learning as much as I can about technology....so that I may fully appreciate your world and share your passion (I hope I can learn as much as to build a robot that will do the dishes for us...peach scented hand softeners are becoming really expensive nowaday)


Customer base expansion

Active searchers who actively seek information on your products and services are more likely to buy. 78% of people who go online begin with a search engine; when your website is invisible to the search engines your competitors get their business.(total bummer)

To be seen or Not to be seen

Your website must be found within the first three results. The faster and easier your products and services can be found, the more likely you will increase your sales. Search engine optimization means being placed in front of your customer online when they are looking for you. When people searching online do not find what they're looking for they quickly hit the back button to search anew. Through search engine optimization you can avoid this, by being properly situated for the exact service searchers are looking for.Love the spotlight!!!

It's about time and money

Being listed within the search engines are free however, millions of websites are competing for the top spot. The good news is when search engine optimization is used properly search engines will promote your products and services. Actively seeking customers wish to better understand your services; your website communicates this message without you having to be present. The powerful combination of saving time and money, allows you the ability to focus on providing an even better product, which grows your business even more.

Legal trafficking

Having people visit your website, referred to as ‘traffic’, is an important aspect in building your business online. Gaining traffic does multiple things for you, but first and foremost it helps increase your number of sales. As the number of people who visit your site grows the more likely someone is to buy from you. Secondary benefits include helping you better understand how your site is being used. By tracking what users do once they are on your website, you can adapt your website to better capture the audience that was previously leaving. Through search engine optimization you are able to capture high volumes of traffic and reap the benefits. (do this, or buy a very strong glue and glue the searchers to your website)


No comments:

Post a Comment